Skip to main content

Fountainhead - so it begins !!

The idea to start a blog has been manifesting in my mind for quite a while. I put it down to laziness and limited technological advancement of my mind that I was unable to begin this sooner. However, better late than never!!
 
Why a blog
 
I am a person of many interests (not necessarily interesting!!) and thus invariably of many beliefs and opinions. Not only am I all of that I also carry a stirring desire to transmit those opinions to my fellow beings. Thus the blog.
 
Me
 
31* meandering towards 32* freshly introduced to a. fatherhood (Ayaansh has just opened his innings and is studying the wicket as he prepares to face the first ball) and b. sense of getting old or maturing (depending on the state of mind I wake up in)!!
 
What went by
 
Brought up in a half atheist nuclear urban mildly affluent fiercely socialist Hindi speaking Marwari household with the ethos of all men being equal except on account of meritocracy and kindness. I never took to studies as a diligent youngster should - laziness has been a lifelong companion.  Inclined towards literature and history to the point of romancing them in school, I abandoned their pursuit after Class Xth, a mistake I regret to this day. Living example of a Chartered Accountant Papa was all too easy to imagine emulating, although in practice it was back breaking work. Papa inculcated in me the sense to understand that instant gratification is never a substitute for plain hard industrious work. Never preached - I only saw him practice. How wonderful the decision of Mummy to move away from Jodhpur & both of them to come to Mumbai was - me and Avni will benefit from it for all our life and would be able to impart the same to our children. If Papa was content, Mummy was not. That is who they are. Better life is what they aspired to and I & Avni have benefitted fully from it. Be it in landing A class education or able to speak fluent languages or able to connect instantly with people across geographies. An open adaptive secular & socialist upbringing has had immense benefits and both of us have stood in good stead because of it.
 
All said CA is what I did manage to become. However, had I pursued Literature and History - what would they have made of me - I will never know!!! Thus I now try to devote as much of my free time to them as possible. I devour history & prose in all forms - visual, verbal, written or graphic.
 
During this phase, I met a person who would change my life forever. I met her during my pursuit of Chartered Accountancy and from being very good friends to becoming soul mates the transition seemed seamless. I was the talker - she the listener. I the humourist she the audience. And now, I am the father & she the mother!! Diligent, hardworking, intelligent and funny in her own way - she is the flame that keeps me glowing. When asked why she wouldn't touch alcohol her reply was Mujhe Zindagi ka Nasha Hai (Life intoxicates me!!). Such is her passion for life.
 
Many interests, beliefs and opinions
 
Being an Indian - urban affluent and lazy as I am - it is very hard to not love cricket & cinema. I believe 3 Cs run India - Cricket Cinema & Corruption (generating the 4th C - Cash). Thus I am a fan - of cricket & of cinema. They give us moments to cherish - away from the daily grind - a picture larger than life - a meaning beyond our personal being. You can relate to the courage of Bhuvan in Lagaan as it is heroic and replicable and you can also relate to the firebrand cricket of Kapil Dev which led an innocuous looking India to usurp the Invincible West Indies to lift its maiden world title from being nobodies. Thus I am confounded when I find Indians not in love with either of these two infectious interests. I must admit they are rare - you will often find someone loving both cricket and cinema and almost universally someone attracted to either of the two. 
 
Cricket and Cinema - They provide an unparalleled insight into human psyche and the contemporary Indian life. When we won independence in 1947 neither of them were flourishing. Neither was India.
 
Today and in between they have had very similar journeys. India, its Cricket & Cinema have come a long way. From being an under developed starving nascent democracy it has become the 3rd largest economy in the World, a major Cricketing & Motion Pictures powerhouse generating highest revenues in Cricket and screen time in movies. With potential greater than past performance, still untapped and unlocked, India looks forward to the 21st Century with the same ambition with which its erstwhile colonial masters, the British, would have looked upon the 19th Century of Splendid Isolation.
 
The above are two primary interests from the many I would like to opine on and elaborate in my upcoming blogs. I would welcome criticism, debate & like mindedness - in summary your opinions on any or all of them.
 
Signing off with my first post for now!!
 
Akash
http://aku1785.blogspot.com/

Comments

  1. Good one....an eye opener to who Aku is...but I already know you so well ☺️ Beautifully put down and introduced the 5 pillars of your life...loved the way you spoke about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW... i must say its an eloquent expression of who u are.
    Keep it up... looking forward to more posts by you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your debut innings. :)
    Wish you all the very best:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Akash... One more excellent quality you have.. Bro keep it up! Nice blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. It always feels good to live your passion. I was a small part of your journey. Wish I can rewind and relive those days. God bless Ayaansh. The first step of blogging will bring more happiness and opportunity to show your talent and express yourself. Best wishes will always be with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words Priyesh. You will always be special. Amazing times we lived together !!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

मेरे बच्चे की माँ

वो लम्हा जब मिरे बच्चे ने माँ पुकारा मुझे मैं एक शाख़ से कितना घना दरख़्त हुई - हुमैरा रहमान तेरी खूबियाँ मेरी खामियों में घुला करती है तेरा होना मुझ अधूरे को पूरा करती है अबके बरस ख़ूब खेलेंगे घर घर हम दोनों कमरों में अब नन्ही किलकारियाँ फिरा करती है बदन में थकन आँखों में वज़न मन में लगन अब एक माँ इस घर में बसेरा करती है खाना पकाना लाड लड़ाना लोरी सुनाना रूठे तो मनाना अगले वक़्त की बेपरवाह लड़की अदा फ़र्ज़ मादरा करती है नहीं थी उम्मीद ज़िन्दगी इस कदर खुशग़वार होगी मेरे बच्चे की माँ मुसल्सल तिलिस्म इख़्तिरा करती है। शाख = branch दरख्त = tree किलकारियां = a child's laughter खुदमुख्तार = free-willed मादरा = maternal/motherly खुशगवार = filled with happiness मुसल्सल = continuously तिलिस्म = magic इख़्तिरा = to invent

दूसरी ग़ुलामी

हम तो समझे थे सन 47 की आज़ादी सदा के लिये है ये खुशगवारी ये सरदारी सदा के लिये है आगे कि सारी तैयारी सदा के लिये है हम तो समझे थे बीते वक़्त के काले पन्ने पलटा दिये है पांवो में पड़े सलासिल गला दिये है हर अन्ध्यारे कोने में दीप जला दिये है हम तो समझे थे गुलिस्तां रंग बिरंगे फूलो का खिलांएगे हर फूल की यकताई पर इतराएँगे खेत लहलहाएंगे घर आँगन मुस्काएंगे हम तो समझे थे दोराहे पर जो आ पहुंचे कभी मिल बैठ के हल सुझाएंगे  और उस संग चुनी राह पर एक हुजूम की तरह बढ़ते चले जाएंगे हम तो समझे थे एक इक कर सबके घाव भर जाएंगे बदले की आग में जलने से हम बच जाएंगे कुछ बरस तो लगेंगे पर आएगा वो दिन जब एक दूसरे के घर जा आएंगे पर ये हो न सका हाँ ये हो न सका हम ये न समझे थे घाव बरसों नहीं सदियों में भरा करते है आग हलकी ही सही दिल तो उसमे भी जला करते है हम ये न समझे थे  संग चुनी राहों में एक राह ऐसी भी कभी आएगी रहनुमाई को जिसकी हम तरसेंगे आरी और बन्दुक तन जाएगी हम ये न समझे थे कितने ही दीप क्यों न जले बूझकर अँध्यारे में समा जाते है जब भी गलते हैं सलासिल अपने होने का निशाँ छोड़ जाते है हम ये न समझे...

एक ज़माना था जवान थे हम भी

आशिक़ हूँ प माशूक़-फ़रेबी है मेरा काम मजनूँ को बुरा कहती है लैला मिरे आगे - मिर्ज़ा ग़ालिब एक ज़माना था जवान थे हम भी था एक दौर बज़्म-ए-जान थे हम भी वक़्त ने अधेड़ के रख दिया वगरना हुस्न के ज़लज़लों पर तूफान थे हम भी रोज़ ही लगती थी इश्क़ की बाज़ी रक़ीब की मौत का सामान थे हम भी मत पूछो उस दौर की हकीकत दोस्तो मैदान-ए-इश्क़ के हुक्मरान थे हम भी छिड़ी है बात तो ये एलान-ए-हक़ भी हो सेकड़ो के हासिल-ए-जहान थे हम भी माशूक़-फ़रेबी - deception of the beloved बज़्म-ए-जान - centre of attraction ज़लज़लों - earthquake रक़ीब - opponent, one wying for your beloved मैदान-ए-इश्क़ - battlefield for love हुक्मरान - ruler एलान-ए-हक़ - demanding one's right हासिल-ए-जहान - winning the world